As a service learning project, local elementary students helped children who are “food insecure” receive sustenance during winter break by hosting a school wide food drive and tracking the progression of each class using bar graphs to be donated to Childhood Food Solutions.
You’re not too late to be a volunteer during this holiday season.
- When: December 23rd 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Where: 3527 Columbia Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH
- What: We’ll gather at the Cincinnati studio to assemble bags, which we’ll then divide up among anyone who would like to help distribute them to the community.
- When: December 25th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: 1 W. Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011
- What: Help serve a free Christmas Day dinner to about 2,000 people in Northern Kentucky
It also isn’t too late to build a $5 to $10 shoeboxes to gift to those experiencing homelessness here in Greater Cincinnati during this holiday season. For more volunteer opportunities, visit United Way of Greater Cincinnati.