CHILDREN, INC. SERVICE LEARNING INITIATIVE
Announcing… Collaboration without Borders
“CONSULTATION ON CALL” is Children, Inc.’s response to requests to collaborate with a broader group of teachers, students, schools and districts throughout the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area. By shifting away from our school/agency service agreement model, we are able to provide more flexible and available supports to your teachers and schools.You are important to Children, Inc. and the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati community! Please do contact us with questions and your ideas and needs.
Children, Inc. will continue to support teachers that engage PreK-12th grade students through intentional service learning experiences thereby deepening learning and strengthening communities. Children, Inc. continues to advocate for students to use their voice and actions to impact real world issues and community needs by integrating deep reflection, critical thinking, collaboration, and creativity within their coursework and community service experiences.
Upon request, Children, Inc. will continue to offer a broad range of professional development trainings, technical supports, funding, recognition and community connections to assist teachers and students in creating an effective service learning culture within their school. For information services, contact Mary Kay Connolly, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 859-431-2075 x223.
Our services include:
- Professional Development: introductory to experienced level in-service for small group to faculty-wide trainings
- Student workshops & groups to empower youth leadership
- Consultations: individual & team-based design and planning
- Technical supports: integration within core curriculum, sample units, reflection & evaluation exercises; events/grants/ newsletters & curricular connections e-Blast.
- Funding: a grant proposal form can be found on our website at http://servicelearning.childreninc.org
- Community connections: introductions to community partners and exercises to enhance investigation/inquiry into current community issues, local & global
- Recognition tools for students, teachers, schools
- Quality website with sample PreK-12 lessons across the curriculum, resources, and links to national partner organizations