In Service Learning, students take ownership of their learning by engaging deeply in their own education through course-related experiential learning, and fostering lifelong connections between students, their communities and the world outside the classroom. "This project gave me a wider...
Service Learning Coordinators at Children, Inc.
- Consultation & assistance in the formatting of service learning projects using the IPARD model.
- Help locate community partners, guest speakers, and resources to carry out: the project, information, and assistance on site or off site.
- Help with possible financial seed money in accordance with agency criteria.
- Offer assistance with media coverage.
- Maintain communication during project.
- Celebrate & Recognize your students and school.
- Gather & include your service learning activity in district/regional initiatives.
- Offer training to new schools.
Service Learning Personnel Contact Phone Numbers:
Mary Kay Connolly: Director, Service Learning 859-431-2075 ext. 223
Julie Wharton: Service Learning Coordinator 859-431-2075 ext. 237
Ruth Jeffries: Service Learning Coordinator 859-431-2075 ext. 236
Cassy Kohs: Service Learning & Event Coordinator 859-431-2075 ext. 230
Derek Jensen: Web Developer & Media Coordinator 859-431-2075 ext. 231